1.15.2013

January 15, 2013


Today was a great day. This morning I was feeling like something crunchy and delicious so Evan and I decided to try out the Vitamix granola recipe. Good thing we had most everything on the list so I didn't need to run to the store. The great thing about this recipe is that it has no added fat (oils),  it actually uses water instead, and still tastes amazing. I used the Vitamix to chop the nuts and combine the wet ingredients and added them when they started to boil. The recipe is below, though note that I did not make it exactly as the recipe shows (see below). 


Since I have a habit of not following recipes :) I made the following changes;
   I substituted the wheat germ for a gluten-free flour called Montina (great source of protein, fiber, B-vitamins and iron)
   I omitted the flaked coconut
   I added 1/2 cup flaxseeds
   I used 1 1/2 cup Raisin/Craisin mixture
   I added 3-4 cups of puffed millet

With these changes it still turned out great!


Evan is now in Big Boy Nursery!


Learning at the American Museum of Natural History


There's animals in there!

He loves the buffalo

I love the cheetahs :)

We got to go to the special butterfly exhibit

Butterfly drinking orange juice


DINOSAURS!

Grant enjoys the museum too

We love juice in the morning

He looks cute with a mustache!

A yummy dinner I made up! (let me know if you want the recipe)

Faces

Faces

Faces

Creative kid

Fun in the playroom

Napping in the playroom while mommy does laundry

He loves pretending to eat

Little chef in training

Cutest baby

Delicious Sunday breakfast

Crispy french toast! 

Reading the Book of Mormon


Playing the piano

Pretending to surf on his scooter

Play time

Out and about

Warm day at the park

We like to send funny pics to daddy, then find he made them his phone screen saver


Potty training, Evan is on the other side of course....we spend lots of time in the bathroom 




Cheeks 

Good thing Christmas comes each year! We found some great discounted treasures at Gracious Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment